Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Argh@!
I reviewed a Marillion record at YACCS, and now I've been listening to Marillion all day. I didn't even like the record I reviewed. But it's with a bit of embarrassment, because it's so uncool, that I used to be a huge Marillion fan with Fish, the singer, articulating my feelings in a way I couldn't.

"A hand held over a candle in angst-fueled bravado
A carbon trail scores a moist stretched palm
Trapped in the indecision of another fine menu
And you sit there and ask me to tell you the story so far . . .

. . . From the dreams on the barbed wire at Flanders and Bilston Glen
From a Clydeside that rusts in the tears of its broken men
From the realisation that all we've been left behind
Is to stand like our fathers before us in the firing line"

- "Slainte Mhath" (Marillion)

I'd like to know if anyone else reviews their own record collections in a public forum. I'd like the reassurance that I'm not the only one without a life. But it really is fun.
WordsCharactersReading time